Tomorrow marks the beginning of what will become a Guinness World record-setting Voyage with Viking Lines, Viking Sun setting off on a 245-day Ultimate World Cruise.
The 245-day journey spanning six continents, 51 countries and 111 ports. Sailing from London on Viking’s award-winning 930-guest Viking Sun, the longest-ever continuous cruise will fully circumnavigate the globe bringing guests to some of the world’s most legendary cities, iconic landmarks, and far-flung destinations, before returning to London in May 2020.
In setting out on this journey, Viking will attempt to set the Guinness World Record for the “longest continuous passenger cruise,” according to a press release.
Upon the return of Viking Sun to London next year, an official Adjudicator will confirm the successful attempt with a certificate presentation.
Viking’s Ultimate World Cruise offers an eight-month journey, allowing guests to explore Scandinavia, the Caribbean and destinations throughout South America before calling on the remote tropical islands of the South Pacific.
Viking Sun will then continue its journey along the coast of Australia and through Asia before returning to the Mediterranean and Europe.
WORLD RECORD CRUISE INCLUSIVE’S:
- Business Class air
- Ground transfers to/from the ship; private car transfers for all guests on the 245-day Viking Ultimate World Cruise.
- All onboard gratuities and service fees
- Our Silver Spirits beverage package, including virtually all drinks on board
- Complimentary visa service
- Free luggage shipping services for embarkation & disembarkation for all guests on 245-day Viking Ultimate World Cruise
- One excursion in each port
- Free Wi-Fi (connection speed may vary)
- Alternative restaurant dining at no extra charge
Overnight stays in 23 cities allow guests to delve deeper into destinations, and Viking’s Culture Curriculum® offers additional enrichment on board with regional entertainment and lectures
Ultimate World Cruise guests will enjoy an included excursion in each port of call and free unlimited Wi-Fi; they also receive Business Class airfare and all gratuities and service fees, along with an extensive list of added-value inclusions in their cruise fare.