Dubai is set to become home to the most expensive shore excursion in the world, courtesy of Royal Caribbean International on its upcoming Arabian Gulf cruise season aboard Jewel of the Seas.
Jewel of the Seas will homeport in Dubai, sailing roundtrip 7-night cruises in the Arabian Gulf, between December 2019 and March 2020. Passengers sailing on these itineraries can now book the AED 122,000 (US $33,000) ‘Ultimate Shopaholic’ shore excursion.
The package will include a personal styling session with image consultant Rose Arbaji at the Burj Khalifa, followed by a shopping spree at Dubai Mall with a dedicated personal shopper (the package doesn’t include any purchases), and a professional photo shoot outside the hotel.
Royal Caribbean cruise passengers choosing this Dubai shore excursion will also be treated to a three-course gourmet meal and a three-and-a-half hour spa extravaganza at the nearby Rose Arbaji Centre.
“The day will be such an extraordinary, once-in-a-lifetime experience, that guests really will need to pinch themselves to be reminded it isn’t a dream,” said Ben Bouldin, Managing Director, Royal Caribbean International UK and Ireland.
Royal Caribbean International created the tour option after their research found British cruise tourists believe Dubai will be one of the three best global shopping destinations by 2020, after New York and London.
With a price tag close to that of a mid-range family car, the shore excursion isn’t likely to be among the most booked, but a survey of 2,000 British cruise passengers by Royal Caribbean found that at least 10% have spent more than £2000 (AED 9,400 or US $2,500) on a single shopping spree.
- First class return flights to Dubai
- Accommodation in the Royal Suite of the Royal Caribbean International’s Jewel of the Seas cruise ship
- Styling consultation on the 122nd floor of the world’s tallest building, the Burj Khalifa
- Tailored personal shopping experience with high-end brands in the Dubai Mall
- Professional photo shoot on the golden sands outside the famous sail-shaped Burj Al Arab, one of the world’s only ‘Seven Star’ hotels
- A three-course gourmet meal at the Burj Al Arab
- Personal hair styling and make-up session
- Three-and-a-half hour spa extravaganza at the nearby Rose Arbaji Centre